Letter from Mark Watkins, our Executive Director, about Covid-19
MARCH 17, 2020
Like you, all of us at Camp Nathanael are continuing to watch the developments surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. Our staff and board of directors are carefully considering how this situation may impact our summer ministry, staff and campers. Our summer season is scheduled to begin with staff training on June 7. The first campers arrive on June 21. So we have a bit of time before we need to make a firm decision about our plans for summer camp in 2020.
In the meantime, registrations have continued to come in at a pace similar to or ahead of last year. We are continuing with staff recruitment and other preparations for summer. Our prayer is that we’ll be able to move ahead with an impactful summer program but we will only do so if we’re confident in our ability to provide a safe environment for our campers and staff.
As a summer camp, safety is always a priority for us. This is why we follow high standards and best practices in food service, skill areas and activities. As the summer season approaches we will examine all aspects of our food service, facilities and programming with regard to safety and sanitation and enhance our procedures as warranted.
If you have already registered for this season, or plan to do so in the coming days, we committed to eliminating any financial risk to you. If it becomes necessary for us to cancel a program for which you are registered, we will issue a full refund or, alternatively, you may choose to keep funds from cancelled programs in your account and we will apply the full amount to a future camp session.
We welcome your questions. Please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways:
Phone: (888) 869-4334
Mail: Camp Nathanael PO Box 3987 Minneapolis, MN 55403